[fpc-pascal] Re: Pathscale: alternative debugger on Linux?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:46:42 CET 2012

On 20-11-2012 6:54, PathScale wrote:
> I'm not soliciting legal advise and this is generally the wrong place to
> ask/debate such questions.  I strongly recommend you consult one of the many
> professional and or pro bono legal resources available to open source
> projects.
I think this actually is the right place to debate legal questions
relating to FPC development/inclusion in FPC source etc.
But I understand not all of us enjoy legal debates when we could be
programming ;)

> Check out path64-suite README on github for EKOPath 4
> https://github.com/path64/
Couldn't find readme in this repo (opened the debugger and the compiler
ones)... assuming you meant this:
https://github.com/pathscale/path64-suite
=>  Ok, that basically contains build instructions

> EKOPath 5 and ENZO are substantially different and will have different
> licensing restrictions/permissions
Ok.

> pathscale.com is not intended to be a gateway to the open source version and
> or community support for that in any way.  That could possibly be in error
> and or change, but In the original press release we give those details.
Ok so you're saying you're keeping the commercial/license model separate
from the open source version.

I understand... which would make any conclusions from licenses,
documents etc from pathscale.com not necessarily valid/relevant for
whatever is on github... and vice versa.

Thanks,
Reinier