[fpc-pascal] fpc: -vm switch

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:54:54 CET 2012

On 11/18/12, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

>> Using fpc 2.6.0
>> Does 2.6.0 handle -vm switch, and how is it used?
>
> As it is described on the fpc help page (fpc -h, or fpc without any
> parameters)

Am I missing something?

fpc -h gives (formatted the layout a little bit):

  -v<x> Be verbose. <x> is a combination of the following letters:
e : Show errors (default)
0 : Show nothing (except errors)
w : Show warnings
u : Show unit info
n : Show notes
t : Show tried/used files
h : Show hints
c : Show conditionals
i : Show general info
d : Show debug info
l : Show linenumbers
r : Rhide/GCC compatibility mode
s : Show time stamps
q : Show message numbers
a : Show everything
x : Executable info (Win32 only)
b : Write file names messages
p : Write tree.log with parse tree with full path
v : Write fpcdebug.txt with lots of debugging info

I don't see "m" in this list.

>> Does this still apply?
>
> Yes, and the fpc help page also still says so. The first release that
> supported it was 2.4.0. There never was any -vm switch that meant "show
> macros".

Adding any charcater/number after -vm gives an errormessage here
(still with 2.6.0).
Can you give me a working example?
(I cannot access ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/docs-pdf/chart.pdf
currenly, it gives a time-out)

Bart