[fpc-pascal] adding additional libraries

Michael Fuchs freepascal at ypa-software.de
Fri Nov 9 23:54:30 CET 2012

Am 09.11.2012 20:53, schrieb waldo kitty:
> when you add additional libraries to your FPC and/or Lazarus
> installation, how do you normally do it? where do you normally place them?
>
> i'm thinking of libraries like synapse, fpGUI, tiOPF and similar...

It depends. If the libraries contains GUI elements (which requires an
installation in lazaurus), I put them under

   lazarus/3rdparty/$PACKAGENAME

Non-visual units like synapse, I put under a /libs directory in the
specific project. So every project could have an other version of the
library.

project1/libs/synapse <- contains version 39 of synapse
project1/libs/tidypas <- last version of tidy pascal wrapper

project2/libs/synapse <- contains version 40 of synapse

In this case, I also have the libs in my subversion repository.

Michael