[fpc-pascal] wayland support for FPC

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 9 12:02:37 CET 2012

Am 09.11.2012 10:51, schrieb ik:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 08.11.2012 22:35, ik wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It seems that many GUI toolkits are slowly starting to move to wayland
>>> (http://wayland.freedesktop.org/), that moved to v1.0
>>> Is there anyone who currently working on binding for it for FPC ?
>>
>> It might be better to ask this on the Lazarus list as Wayland support seems
>> to require more than just the API binding (at least as far as I have
>> understood it).
> I'm not sure why, because as far as I know, it replaces the X11
> protocol, not gdk, Qt etc...
> It also provide compositing window manager based support - that is to
> create window managers (such as kwin).
>
> But I'll ask there as well :)

If you use GTK or Qt you won't of course have any problem, but if you
want to create a true Wayland client (like for example a
LCL-Customdrawn-Wayland) you need to provide a memory buffer in which
you need to render your GUI widgets so only the API alone won't make a
GUI application ;)

Regards,
Sven