[fpc-pascal] secure REST client?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Nov 8 19:27:01 CET 2012

i'm looking at creating a REST web application client... nothing fancy...
command line oriented... fire it up, it logs into the website and performs the
REST queries saving the output to named files...

i have no clue where to start looking in the FPC documentation or any existing
libraries... i have toyed with something using fpweb that would pull some pages
from a site for scraping but that idea is no longer being considered...

firstly i'm not sure how to go about doing the login ops with cookies and
such... the site gives some assistance and examples for using wget and curl but
i think i'd prefer to handle this in my client... currently there's a "normal"
login on an existing non-REST site and then there's a new method of login on the
REST site... i haven't been able to figure out how to convert my fpweb client so
that it properly logs in and retains the login so that subsequent queries will
work...

this is extremely new territory for me coming from TP6/7...

help?