[fpc-pascal] Xcode

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Nov 1 11:48:01 CET 2012

On 01 Nov 2012, at 05:38, Noah Silva wrote:

> 2012/8/16 Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
>
>> FPC works with the assembler and linker of Xcode 2.x up to and
>> including the latest Xcode 4.x, but with Xcode 4.3 and later you have to
>> but with Xcode 4.3 and later you have to install them separately
>
> Really?  I just had to link them from the appropriate folder in the XCode
> application bundle (to the global binary folder).  Perhaps this is because
> I used to have 3.x on the same machine?

No, that works with any Xcode version that has ever been released (although in the past the binaries were somewhere below the /Developer folder rather than inside the Xcode application bundle). However, it works in the same way that installing the "hackintosh" Mac OS X distribution on a generic PC works: in a completely unsupported and probably incomplete way, that may break at any time (e.g. in this case when the compiler/linker needs a file or utility that you forgot to symlink).

Jonas