[fpc-pascal] Re: large TFDSet in windows, select() and FD_XXX() functions - will this work?

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Thu May 31 16:46:03 CEST 2012

2012/5/31 Bernd <prof7bit at googlemail.com>:
> I'm going to experiment with something like this:
>
> https://gist.github.com/2842807

I just patched my local copy of  lNet to use this unit after winsock2
and tried it with Windows XP professional in a virtual machine, I went
even higher with the number and it continued working with up to 4096
open connections (server and client on the same machine). The same
.exe in wine stopped working somewhere above 1024 connections.

I would like to propose something like this as a patch against
winsock2 (simply change the number from 64 to 1024) or at least
against lNet to make the TLSelectEventer work the same way on all
supported platforms and not unexpectedly and silently(!) fail to
detect any events on any other than the 63 newest incoming connections
(lNet will silently stop polling the older connections although they
are still open and perfectly fine).