[fpc-pascal] Parameters to Format()

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri May 25 11:50:23 CEST 2012

How should I put this?

procedure TUnyokedFrontendForm.OutputWriteF(const str: widestring;
values: array of variant; fg: TColor= clBlack; bg: TColor= clDefault);

var     scratch: widestring;

begin
   scratch := Format(str, values);

As above, I get

unyokedfrontendcode.pas(354,32) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2:
Got "Open Array Of Variant", expected "Array Of Const"

I was caught by this one years ago, and at the time the Delphi
developers I was in contact with had no easy solution.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk