[fpc-pascal] Darwin i386

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun May 20 15:52:23 CEST 2012

On 20 May 2012, at 15:25, Andrew Brunner wrote:

>> What are you doing exactly, what happens, and what is the expected result
>> instead?
>
> I'm upgrading my gdb from shipping version with darwin to gdb version from

The above was a question relating to "... with the exception of threads calling methods via synchronize (so I can debug)." I.e., what are the exact things you are doing, what is happening, and what are the expected results regarding trying to debug threads calling methods via synchronize (which, I assume, works on other platforms but not on Mac OS X).

Mainline GDB 7.1 is not supported on Mac OS X 10.7. The first GDB version with 10.7 support is GDB 7.4 (see the release notes at http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/GDB_7.4_Release, search for "lion")

> It
> doesn't work with fpc.  I'm going to have to switch back.  The newer
> versions require code signing...
>
> warning: dsym file UUID doesn't match the one in
> /Developer/Source/Builds/Aurawin/AuCloud/Apple/32/AuCloud

The above message means that you have not regenerated the .dSYM bundle with debug information for your application via passing -Xg to the compiler command line options. Either delete the .dSYM bundle, or recompile with -Xg or run dsymutil on the generated binary (make sure to select DWARF debug information when using -Xg/dsymutil on Mac OS X, with Stabs it will probably disable debugging instead).

> BUT notice TCarbonTabsControl.SetFocus Error: SetKeyboardFocus  failed with
> result -30585.  Now the main screen has no focus.  I can only close the
> window :-)

That is unrelated to FPC or even Lazarus. Maybe mainline GDB does not take into account the property list of the app bundle to launch the application as a foreground application. You can try to work around that by using TransformProcessType with the kProcessTransformToForegroundApplication parameter in your program's initialization code (see e.g. http://cocoadev.com/wiki/TransformProcessType )

> Can you tell me how to compile fpc to make 64bit lazarus?

You don't have to recompile FPC, the default FPC installation already includes a 64 bit cross-compiler ("ppcx64", or "fpc -P x86_64"). To compile a 64 bit Lazarus on Mac OS X, you will have to select the Qt widgetset since Carbon is not supported in 64 bit mode (and the Cocoa widegetset is not yet sufficiently far along). Regarding how to compile Lazarus so it uses the Qt widget set: I have no idea how to do that, please ask on the Lazarus mailing list (or search the wiki with Google, it's probably documented there somewhere as well).

Jonas