[fpc-pascal] Darwin i386

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Sun May 20 15:25:20 CEST 2012

> What are you doing exactly, what happens, and what is the expected result
> instead?

I'm upgrading my gdb from shipping version with darwin to gdb version from
download.  I downloaded and ran /configure make make install 7.1.  It
doesn't work with fpc.  I'm going to have to switch back.  The newer
versions require code signing...

warning: dsym file UUID doesn't match the one in
/Developer/Source/Builds/Aurawin/AuCloud/Apple/32/AuCloud
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /Developer/Source/Builds/Aurawin/AuCloud/Apple/32/AuCloud
Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 62916: (os/kern) failure (0x5).
 (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))
(gdb)

(gdb) run
Starting program: /Developer/Source/Builds/Aurawin/AuCloud/Apple/32/AuCloud
Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 62916: (os/kern) failure (0x5).
 (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))
(gdb)

BUT: sudo gdb bypasses this problem, and the program can get past this
error but when the program launches, gdb gives

(gdb) run
Starting program: /Developer/Source/Builds/Aurawin/AuCloud/Apple/32/AuCloud
[New Thread 0x2003 of process 62922]
[New Thread 0x2103 of process 62922]
[New Thread 0x2203 of process 62922]
[New Thread 0x2303 of process 62922]
[New Thread 0x2403 of process 62922]
[New Thread 0x2503 of process 62922]
[New Thread 0x2603 of process 62922]
[New Thread 0x2703 of process 62922]
TCarbonTabsControl.SetFocus Error: SetKeyboardFocus  failed with result
-30585
warning: dsym file UUID doesn't match the one in
/Developer/Source/Builds/Aurawin/AuCloud/Apple/32/AuCloud
(no debugging symbols found)...done.

BUT notice TCarbonTabsControl.SetFocus Error: SetKeyboardFocus  failed with
result -30585.  Now the main screen has no focus.  I can only close the
window :-)

Progress but I need to get gdb 7.1 to run properly on darwin.  Either that
or I gotta restore the old gdb :-(

Google "gdb" together the exact error message you are getting, and you will
> probably find instructions about what you have to do. Or more easily: just
> use fink or macports to compile/install a different gdb (macports is more
> likely to have the most recent one available), then everything will be
> taken care of for you. It's unlikely that it will help with the problem you
> are having though, because I've never heard of any problems particularly
> related to debugging multithreaded applications with the stock gdb on Mac
> OS X.

I've been.  I didn't have a problem with GCC or GDB.  I've got the latest
and greatest of both.  This is a darwin thing.  gdb can't operate properly
without root access.

I've built a system cert.  I've used codesign -s  gdb-cert ./gdb and darwin
asked for my admin creds.  So I know gdb has been signed.
I used which gdb to make sure I was in the right place to codesign.

Can you tell me how to compile fpc to make 64bit lazarus?