[fpc-pascal] Re: Handling with sources and exebutables with different names

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu May 17 21:36:05 CEST 2012

On 17.05.2012 21:09, luciano de souza wrote:
> Actually, there are no errors.
>
> Using cmd.exe on Windows 7 and FPC 2.6.0, I did:
>
> fpc test.pas -oindex.cgi
>
> I got test.exe and no errors are raised.

But did the compiler write something else? A warning maybe (maybe you
need to pass "-vw" to see it)? What if you place the "-oindex.cgi"
before the "test.pas"? What if you put the "-oindex.cgi" into quotes?

I tested it. It DOES work. On Windows as well as Linux.

> We can do -d in the commandline or {$ifdef ..} in the source code.
> Several other options are available from the two modes. Is there a
> directive, placeable in code, allowing me to define a name for the
> executable?

No. You can only change the extension from within code by using
{$EXTENSION 'cgi'}.

Regards,
Sven