[fpc-pascal] Handling with sources and exebutables with different names

luciano de souza luchyanus at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:09:08 CEST 2012

hello all,

I am compiling CGI modules with Freepascal in commandline mode. if I do:

fpc test.pas

the result is "test.exe". But the source name needs to be different
from the executable name. For this reason:

fpc test.pas -oindex.cgi

This command should result in index.cgi, placed on the current folder.
However, this command is ignore and I obtain "test.exe" again.

My question is: how to produce a executable, compiling from the
commandline in FPC 2.6.0, with a different name of its source?

Regards,

Luciano