[fpc-pascal] fpc & arm-embedded interrupts

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Thu May 10 13:56:51 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm working on an embedded-arm application. I do want to use interrupts
but I don't find how to easily setup the interrupt-handlers.
In the startup code in C, I see default handlers defined with the
keyword WEAK. Looking around, I found that this means that if one
defines a function with the same name, that will be used instead of the
default-handler. The start-address of that new function will be entered
in the interrupt-vector table in flash.
Is something similar possible with fpc ? Looking in the
fpc-startup-code, the rtl, I don't see that, but that could be me.
Or do I have to modify the rtl for every project I will be making ? What
I did see I think, in some rtl-units for arm-embedded, is that there
seems to be a contruction to put the start-address of the main
error-handlers in RAM. Would that be the only way to have interrupts ?

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.