[fpc-pascal] 2.6.0 for Solaris?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed May 9 18:10:06 CEST 2012

microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> On Wed, 9 May 2012 17:19:59 +0200
> "Ludo Brands" <ludo.brands at free.fr> wrote:
>
>>> Hi, I was looking to try FPC but I saw the latest release
>>> isn't available for Solaris, only 2.4something. Do you guys
>>> plan on releasing the new version on Solaris? Do you intend
>>> to keep supporting Solaris?
>>>
>> 2.6.0 is available for intel from
>> ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.6.0/i386-solaris/fpc-2.6.0.i386-sola
>> ris.tar.gz and
>> ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.6.0/x86_64-solaris/fpc-2.6.0.x86_64-
>> solaris.tar.gz
>>
>> Ludo
>>

> There is a directory for Solaris SPARC but it is empty. Is it possible to
> get 2.6.0 for Solaris SPARC? Thanks again.

I've got a copy that I've built and run here, but I started off with an
earlier version and had to jump through a few hoops to get it installed.

I strongly recommend using 2.6 as an interim release on SPARC, since
there were code-generation bugs that weren't fixed until a few months
ago- the fixes are in 2.7.1 but haven't been backported.

Having said that, 2.7.1 plus the trunk version of Lazarus work fine
together for basic projects (there's things I don't routinely test, like
database access).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk