[fpc-pascal] Reason of procedure overload RTLeventWaitFor(state, timeout) return.

kyan alfasud.ti at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:26:56 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I am trying to port a small library previously written for Delphi and
Kylix to FPC. This library contains an "event" object that has similar
functionality to a windows kernel event. This object is supposed to
have a method that lets you wait for the event object with a timeout
and return whether the event was signaled of the timeout expired.
After some searching I concluded that for a platform-independant
implementation I should use the RTLeventXXX regular
procedures/functions declared in threadh.inc because the basiceventXXX
ones are stated as obsolete in the documentation.

I noticed that the RTLeventWaitFor(state, timeout) overload does not
return anything to tell the caller why it returned (signal or timeout)
as Windows WaitForSingleObject() does. Is there a way to get the
result of the last timed wait for the current thread? If not is there
another way to implement a platform-independant event, maybe using
some other set of functions?

TIA

Constantine.