[fpc-pascal] SQLdb: problem using GDB, but do not have memleak

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Mar 20 16:24:04 CET 2012

On 20/03/2012 14:52, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Martin<lazarus at mfriebe.de>  wrote:

>>> Martin,
>>> I recompiled FPC and Lazarus using -gl -gw2 -godwarfsets options, but
>>> the problem continues.
>>>
>> I don't know where/why it upsets gdb.
>>
>> The above will allow you to step into RTL/packages.
>>
>> It certainly is no error in the app, but a problem in the debug info (or
>> what gdb makes of it).
>>
>> There are 3 possibilities:
>> 1) FPC writes bad debug info. You can try -gs versus -gw (stabs/dwarf).
>> 2) The linker gets it wrong. Try -Xe
>> 3) gdb is buggy. Which version are you on?
> I use gdb 7.3 (http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/binaries/) only in 32 bit.
>
>> Do all lines get a blue dot? (except maybe "else" and empty lines)
>>
> Definitely yes.
>
>> -----------
>> Where to get mssqlcon ?
>>
>> ----
> In trunk http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/mssql/
> But I had these sources because I tested for LacaK before merged in FPC sources.
>
>> As workarounds:
>> 1) Try setting a breakpoint on next command and use F9
>> 2) Single step in assembler window (single step asm instructions)
> if I use F9 this problem does not occur.
>
>> Did you try to continue, after the error (if you are lucky, it might be
>> possible)?
> Yes, I tried.
> No is possible to continue and the negative number is going
> incrementing two by two.

For any kind of stepping yes.

But does F9 run?
e.g. set your own next breakpoint, and use F9

Or try asm steps

---
Both F8 and F7 mean the debugger must work out the address of the next
statement (or list of possible next statements)

It seems the debugger gets this address wrong, and therefore it can not
set the breakpoint.
Breakpoint numbers are not re-used. So that is why each time you see a
new number.

Positive numbers: breakpoints set by you
Negative: breakpoints internally used by GDB