[fpc-pascal] status of MIPS port

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Mar 10 16:33:27 CET 2012

Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior wrote:
> Whats the status of the MIPS port ?
>
> I am currently working on a project called "OpenTik", wich aims at
> replacing mikrotik's routeros with a completely opensource
> alternative.
>
> Originally i wanted to use FreeBSD on ARM but theres no freepascal
> compiler for this.
>
> I switched to a Linux based system as the base, and freepascal to
> write a couple of complex components (like the console wich is way
> more powerfull than the mikrotik's original one).
>
> I am working on the captive portal system now, wich will be nicely
> integrated into the current (working already) xmlconsole.
>
> Later i plan to write a mac server using freepascal and libpcap and
> finally a winbox replacement called openbox.
>
> Current source code is here :
>
> http://code.google.com/p/opentik/
>
> it implements a complete programming language on its own, besides a
> template system and a configuration management tool all integrated
> into a single system called xmlconsole (because it uses xml files to
> store config).
>
> My question is : Whats the status of Freepascal on the MIPS (both LE and BE) ?
>
> I ask this bacause MIPS is the single most used processor in the low
> end/low cost access point market and it would be quite nicey to have
> opentik running on those.

It's work-in-progress. There's a port of 2.0.0 with limited
functionality (i.e. only part of the RTL was compiled), that's currently
being merged into trunk but I've not heard anything from the people
looking at it over the last few days.

There was relevant discussion in this ML at end-Jan/start-Feb, also see
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems which I knocked
together when I started looking at it.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd