[fpc-pascal] fpWeb: Error when trying to call a module without an action

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Fri Mar 9 15:09:40 CET 2012

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, Sven Barth wrote:

> Hello together!
>
> As I already said on fpc-devel I'm currently playing around with fcl-web and
> hit the next problem: I successfully managed to build and run my first
> module, but when I added a second one I got an error when I use the following
> URL to call my module (of which one is registered as "treenode"):
>
> http://localhost:4321/treenode
>
> The given error is:
>
> Could not determine HTTP module for request ""
>
> It works correctly if I supply the name of the default action "list" (or any
> other registered action). E.g. the following returns the desired content:
>
> http://localhost:4321/treenode/list
>
> I'm using the embedded webserver variant and the error only surfaced after I
> added a second module which let's me assume that the problem is the same as
> this:
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2011-June/063655.html

And what exactly is the problem ?

You can set the default module name in the TFPWebApplication.
But in that case, the path is interpreted as the action to execute, so the
correct URL would be

http://localhost:4321/list

to have the module first requires an additional property and patch.
This is planned.

Michael.