[fpc-pascal] Re: xterm -e program-compiled-with-fpc2.4.0 doesn't work

max m.euer at planet.nl
Sun Mar 4 17:37:24 CET 2012

Done what you suggested:
program runs again via xterm -e "program ; sleep 0 " with fpc 2.4.0; however
no error message; same with 'sleep 10' !
So Thank You very much for that, Bernd !
Without  the appended '; sleep ' just the flicker.
env: only difference is SHLVL , namely =4 for interactive vs. =5
non-interctive which is irrelevant to my prog.

Your suggestion that only MY programs won't run when started with xterm -e
...  is true indeed:
they all [ I only have a handfull though] run in an xterm but none will when
started through xterm -e.
Except: when they are compiled with fpc <=1.9.4  OR I append  your ';sleep '
after the program name.