[fpc-pascal] Re: Where and how is the FPC documentation created?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:29:31 CET 2012

On 1 March 2012 10:49, Reinier Olislagers  wrote:

> I understand why you changed it, but didn't get any error messages
> either - just redownloaded the original patch upload to make sure:

Strange. I did the same test, and got lots of errors. And I get the
same errors if I generate CHM or HTML output too.

--------------------------------------
/opt/fpc-2.7.1/x86_64-linux/bin/fpdoc --package=fcl
--input=/opt/fpc-2.7.1/src/packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/interbase/ibconnection.pp
--descr=ibconnection.xml --output=ibconnection.ipf --format=ipf
FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
Version 2.7.1 [2012/02/27]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

[#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection] Invalid paragraph content
[#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection] Invalid paragraph content
[#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Dialect] Invalid description (illegal
XML element: "#text")
[#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Params] Invalid description (illegal
XML element: "var")
[#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Params] Invalid description (illegal
XML element: "#text")
[#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Params] Invalid description (illegal
XML element: "link")
[#fcl.IBConnection.TIBConnection.Params] Invalid description (illegal
XML element: "#text")
Done.

* The first two are because you embedded an unordered list inside a
paragraph tag. Not allowed.
* .Dialact: Caused because you didn't have a <p> tag for the first
sentence inside the description., but
   you did have an encloded paragraph tag for the second sectence.

  - Graeme -