[fpc-pascal] OAuthv1/Twitter library/application ready; was: EncodeURLElement, underscore and RFC3986?

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Jun 21 16:02:55 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Reinier Olislagers
<reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
> (Cross-posted to Synapse and FPC mailing lists)

> I've finished a basic Twitter application and OAuth v1 library under an
> MIT license (happy to relicense under the Synapse license).
>
> Code can be downloaded using Mercurial or as a zip from
> https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpctwit/
>
> While not perfect yet, the application demonstrates:
> - Authenticating to Twitter using existing credentials (ConsumerKey,
> ConsumerSecret, Auth_token, Auth_secret)
> - Authenticating to Twitter using Out Of Band/PIN authentication using a
> callback in the application that sends the user to an URL. User
> authorizes application and gets a PIN which he enters in the application.
> - Reading public and own timeline
> - Parsing tweets from JSON data
> - Tweeting a message
> - Showing all tweets that come through the streaming API
>
> Currently only run on Windows; it will be probably need some tweaks for
> line ending issues on Linux/OSX.
> Built for FPC (on 2.6.1); don't know how hard it would be to port this
> to Delphi.
>
> Comments and improvements to the code are always welcome - I'm not a
> programming guru, but got this done with some help... ;)
>
> To implement streaming support (Twitter sends a stream of tweets inside
> a single HTTP response), I had to modify Synapse httpsend to be able to
> override ReadUnknown (see patch). I'd be very happy if that patch could
> be applied.
> Added as Feature Request 3536896 [Patch] Allow httpsend.Readunknown
> override in SourceForge with the same patch as attachment.
>
> Thanks,
> Reinier

Hi,
First, good job.

I can't clone the sources:
$ git clone https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpctwit
Cloning into fpctwit...
fatal: https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpctwit/info/refs not found: did
you run git update-server-info on the server?

I'm using Windows too.

Marcos Douglas