[fpc-pascal] Re: Playing sounds with standard components

luciano de souza luchyanus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:36:02 CEST 2012

I took a look in Openal examples. I need to confess that I expected
something easier. Perhaps, something like:

PlaySound('file.wav', 0)

In MMSystem, we have something like that, but it's not cross platform.

The examples present hundreds of lines. It's something frightful!

Regarding the complexity, probably is's possible to do much more than
simply play a sound. In spite of that, it would be intersting to have
something easier.

The examples work with complex and for me, abstract structures. Which
kind of content, do I need to study to understand Openal or SDL?