[fpc-pascal] [OT] GPL Lisence help

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 01:09:36 CEST 2012

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   first let me express my apologies for the off topic question.
>
>   I'm having trouble to choose the correct gpl lisence for a new open
> source project that i'm starting. I want the project to be open source
> gpl'ed so it can be accepted in distro's like Debian. But, at the same
> time, because the structure is modular, i want the possibility, to be
> used by anyone in commercial applications.
>
>   Can anyone give a hint and/or a suggestion ?

Possibly multiple licenses: the license is determined by how somebody
has got the code from you irrespective of whether he could have got it
elsewhere. Alternatively, the basic framework is GPL but
dynamically-linked extensions are proprietary.

I suppose that the bigger question is: how does one find an affordable
lawyer, well-versed in the laws covering the major jurisdictions?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk