[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : Database problem on Solaris SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 15:11:51 CEST 2012

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

>> On a side note:
>> My quoted paragraph doesn't mention FreeBSD, but I have successfully
>> ran Firebird Server & clients under FreeBSD 9.0 on x86, and there are
>> FreeBSD downloads on the Firebird website for 2.1.x and older. So just
>> because the latest version doesn't contain a download for a specific
>> OS+CPU, doesn't make it "not supported".  Firebird rocks! :)
>
> That means we should compile & distribute IBase and ibconnection in FPC,
> because I think currently they are not.

On a Solaris SPARC system, looking at /usr/local/lib/fpc,

-bash-3.00$ find . -name ibconnection.ppu |sort
./2.4.2/units/sparc-solaris/fcl-db/ibconnection.ppu
./2.4.4/units/sparc-solaris/fcl-db/ibconnection.ppu
./2.6.0/units/sparc-solaris/fcl-db/ibconnection.ppu

i.e. it's in 2.6.1 but isn't being built in 2.7.1 (trunk). I'm assuming
that I need the latter because of code generator fixes that I know were
applied.

It would certainly be useful for me to have the /client/ stuff on as
many platforms as possible, since I'm starting to look at a large
distributed project which will primarily be using PostgreSQL as its
backend but I also want the option of Firebird for "leaf" systems.

Obviously the availability of the Firebird /server/ stuff is a
completely different issue. I'd neither be surprised nor particularly
sorry if that turned out to be x86-only.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk