[fpc-pascal] Database problem on Solaris SPARC

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Jul 16 13:16:32 CEST 2012

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
>> [Nod], understood. Hit a slight snag here with trunk FPC + trunk Lazarus:
>>
>> Target OS: Solaris for SPARC
>> Compiling sqldblaz.pas
>> Compiling registersqldb.pas
>> registersqldb.pas(58,3) Fatal: Can't find unit ibconnection used by
>> registersqldb
>> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>> make[2]: *** [sqldblaz.ppu] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/export/home/local-share/lazarus-trunk/components/sqldb'
>> make[1]: *** [bigide] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/export/home/local-share/lazarus-trunk/components'
>> make: *** [bigidecomponents] Error 2
>> -bash-3.00$ svn up
>> At revision 37922.
>>
>> Anybody got any quick suggestions? "all" builds OK but I presume I need
>> "bigide" because I've used the TQuery etc. on the form.
>
> Still getting this at FPC 21919 and Laz 37954: can anybody recommend a quick
> hack as a workaround, or do I Mantis it?

I don't think Firebird works on Solaris or SPARC cpus, so it makes no sense
to compile in firebird support on that platform.

Remove the ibconnection unit or put it in an {$IFNDEF SOLARIS}. (or should
that be SUNOS ?)

You'll have to remove TIBConnection from the registercomponents call as
well.

If that works, we'll put it in the sources in SVN.

Michael.