[fpc-pascal] fcl-passrc package question about source file and line number info

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:48:51 CEST 2012

Greetings! I've been using fcl-passrc (PParser and PasTree) to create
a tool to help me with coverage analysis. Using the example provided
in the package directory as a starting point, I've created a tool
which finds the "begin" line number for each function/procedure
definition and inserts a line of code there to help me keep track
which functions are called and which aren't in my coverage tests. I've
got it working great and it's giving me some really useful
information.

I was looking at the idea of increasing my granularity by doing this
for every code block rather than just once at the beginning of every
function. However, as I'm descending down through the parse tree, I'm
finding that most of the TPasImplBlock objects have empty
SourceFilename values and SourceLinenumber is 0. TPasProcedure's
TProcedureBody's TPasImplBlock has the source file/line number
information set, but if I descend any lower than that the deeper
TPasImplBlock do not.

Could someone with insight into this area give me any idea of why this is?

Thanks,

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover