[fpc-pascal] Options -WG -WC -WF -WT

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sun Jan 29 22:26:13 CET 2012

On 29 Jan 12, at 20:51, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:13:36 +0100
> Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > >
> > > For 2.7.1 too?
> > > The option is missing in the ppcx64 -h help.
> >
> > I took this knowledge from the compiler's source directly, so yes.
> >
> >[...]
> > > The "obscure logic" prevents that -WG is passed to the compiler for
> > > invalid targets. Otherwise the compiler stops with an error.
> >
> > I'm not talking about that specific "obscure logic". I just wanted to
> > avoid that you add "more strange obscure logic" ;P
>
> The whole point of asking here is to avoid adding anything obscure.
> And the "more strange obscure logic" implies that there is already some
> obscure logic.
> Where is that?
>
> IMO the compiler help text is obscure since it does not even mention
> the -WF option. Should I create a bug report?

See compiler/msg/errore.msg. The strange characters at the beginning
specify for which platforms and host operating systems the option is
displayed ("3" = 386 like in ppc386 ;-) ). OS/2 (and EMX) can only
run on x86 (or x86-64 in x86 mode, of course), i.e. that option is
not valid for an x86-64 compiler.

Tomas