[fpc-pascal] Request for Win32 bootstrap compiler on ftp.freepascal.org/

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jan 27 14:00:06 CET 2012

In our previous episode, Reinier Olislagers said:

> > No, tags/release_2_6_0 would then be the one. What is currently already in
> > fixed could theoretically already have been changed for 2.6.2
> >
> Thanks, Marco; I thought 2.6.1 fixes would be stability improvements to
> 2.6.

True. But bootstrapping is attuned to the situation of the last release
only. And only the last release.

Note that I don't expect that many problems, since the mutation rate in this
field is very low (and even more so on Windows where there is also the
internal linker).

But, again, the only guaranteed bootstrap options is the last release.
Trying to cut corners here, can lead to trouble in communicating over
problems (both build problems as bugs), so I suggest to follow this as much
as possible.

One can try to cut corners, but that will only end up having to install the
release anyway at the first hickup.