[fpc-pascal] detect the version of fpc that a feature added to it

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 15:34:30 CET 2012

On 19 January 2012 21:17, ik <idokan at ....> wrote:

> I was looking to understand in what version of FPC ($IF defined ... } was
> added, and realized that it is not very simple to detect such information.

If you use a git clone of the FPC repository, you can very easily and
quickly (seconds rather than hours) search the commit history and or
the patch details (actual code that changed).

eg:

  git log -S<text>

That will search the actual changed source code / patch details for <text>.

  git log --grep=<text>

That will search the commit message/log for <text>.

Both these commands execute very fast. Indecently, that is how I found
in which Lazarus version certain features were implemented (as can be
seen in the "New_IDE_features_since" wiki page for Lazarus).

  - Graeme -