[fpc-pascal] MySQL5

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Jan 17 14:38:45 CET 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, ik wrote:

>> Most people don't notice this, since all distributions recompile
>> everything that depends on MySQL from scratch anyway. But for FPC, the case
>> is different.
>

> MySQL is "deprecated", and there are several open source projects that uses
> the same code base, but try to provide better support
> (http://mariadb.org/for example).
> The problem is, that most people know "MySQL". so here is the problem you
> describe :(

If these forks use the same tactics, they are not better suited for a FPC
program. Since the same people that started MySQL are now working on these
forks, I think the chances are high that they use the same mechanisms...

So, use a more stable DB. If you need open source: Postgres or Firebird...

Michael.