[fpc-pascal] installing FPC 2.6.0 on OS/2

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Jan 15 23:43:16 CET 2012

On 1/15/2012 17:17, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> On 15 Jan 12, at 13:31, waldo kitty wrote:
>> On 1/14/2012 16:49, Tomas Hajny wrote:
>>> Any difference between link.res file created in the two cases?
>>
>> yes...
>>
>> the first thing i note is the fp link.res includes the .\ directory and the fpc
>> one does not... indicated with a 1 below...
>
> I don't know why they are different, but this probably shouldn't be a
> problem.

i didn't think so, either... i mean, it would seem that fpc looks in the current
directory already... as such, it doesn't list the .\ directory in its list... fp
seems to need this additional assistance, maybe? ;)

>> the second thing i note is the fp link.res messes up the directory we're working
>> in for the program.o file being compiled whereas the fpc one doesn't say the
>> directory but only the program.o... indicated with a 2 below...
>   .
>> 2 h:\fpc\projects\satellite\h:\fpc\projects\satellite\satsort.o
>   .
>
> This obviously is the problem - the linker cannot find the object
> file this way. :-((( I can reproduce it,

i suspected that was the problem once i knew where to look... i'm glad you could
reproduce it, too ;)

> but finding time for debugging it and fixing it will probably take some
> time (mostly due to time constraints on my side :-( ).

i know how that is... i'm the maintainer of an add-on package for a popular
firewall product and i haven't much time to work on that, recently, either :/

> Fortunately, the workaround of using the command line compiler works well
> so this shouldn't be a show-stopper (although it certainly isn't pleasant :-( ).

yeah, 'about that :LOL: ah'ma gunna haf tah look at sumptin' tah see how tah
tell fpc what ah wan' it tah do... like ah have set up in fp when compiling with
the different modes :LOL

last time i did that was with TP/BP 6&7 and that was a looooooong time ago ;)

> Thanks for letting me know about it. I suggest that you file a
> standard bug report (not that I expect anyone else to fix it if the
> problem is restricted to the OS/2 version, but it becomes visible for
> other users who may come across the problem too this way at least).

you are welcome... i will /try/ to do a bug report but i'm not sure where...
i've done a few reports on these automated systems but, ha!, they still tend to
confound me at times :P

/me adds "make a bug report" to the LOTTD (List Of Things To Do) and waddles off
to try to figure out how to add an internal svn server to his small herd of
boxen... :byebye: