[fpc-pascal] installing FPC 2.6.0 on OS/2

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Fri Jan 13 11:40:19 CET 2012

On Fri, January 13, 2012 11:27, waldo kitty wrote:

> i've a problem with os2260full... i bit the bullet and wiped my old os2
> 2.4.0(??
> or 2.4.2???) install... now none of my projects compile... they complain
> about
> "Error: Can't call the assembler, error -1 switching to external
> assembling"...
>
> in downloaded os2260full.zip, transferred it to the os/2 box, unzipped it
> into a
> /tmp directory and then ran the install tool... after an hour or so, i
> came back
> and it was complete... then i tried to compile one of my projects and ran
> into
> the above error...
>
> HELP!!

This should be easy to fix (FAQ item, in fact ;-) ). Nevertheless, in
order to determine the reason, please do the following:

1) Compile with the -s parameter, run the created ppas.cmd and check the
error message displayed when trying to run GNU AS from this command file.

2) Check your PATH and LIBPATH (especially the latter) settings to contain
a reference to the DLL directory in your FPC installation.

Tomas