[fpc-pascal] sorting and merging array of records

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Wed Jan 11 00:03:19 CET 2012

On 10 Jan 12, at 23:50, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Tomas Hajny said:
> > BTW, the supplied HTML docs cannot be used if installing onto FAT
> > with OS/2 due to the 8.3 restrictions (not that I'd expect you to use
> > FAT with your OS/2 unless having very good reasons, just for
> > completeness sake ;-) ).
>
> We really should switch the IDE to CHM. Basically installation is copying to
> a directory and putting a line in the fp.ini

Well, I just played with using CHMs with FP IDE under OS/2 and
realized that I get a nice immediate SIGSEGV when using the context
help with the CHM help files, whereas everything works fine with both
the standard HTML docs and also the INF files created by Graeme
(rtl.inf + fcl.inf). :/ It could well be that that this is due to
some bug in the OS/2 RTL triggered by different RTL functions used in
the CHM support units (i.e. I don't want to blame the CHM support
implementation nor its integration to the FP IDE necessarily), but
that's what I get right now...

Tomas