[fpc-pascal] FPCUnit without Lazarus

Luciano de Souza luchyanus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 02:17:29 CET 2012

Hello listers,

I have really appreciated the organized tests that FPCUnit allows. It's
really a very good feature, but for me, it hasn't  been     to use it.

For some while, I have writen an e-mail saying I could not run some
example. The problem was that I don't use Lazarus, but only FPC. I am
blind, so for me LCL doesn't make sense.

In spite of that, I had to instal Lazarus because FPCUnit has a LCL
dependence.

  I would like to use FPCUnit without install Lazarus, but perhaps it
was not possible. If I bring FPCUnits modules to my folder, they require
other modules and the other modules seem to require more modules.
Without Lazarus installed, I could not run it.

The problem has become more severe becouse my Windows has failed. As I
have Ubuntu 10.10, I decided to install everything here. FPC was
installed, but Lazarus... I have problems of broken packages. I try to
install with apt-get, but the repository has an old version only
compatible with FPC 2.4.0.

I have downloaded a Lazarus deb package compatible with FPC 2.4.4. I try
to install with: "sudo dpkg -i *". It fails, so: "sudo apt-get install -f".

Well, I could not install it. But, I would really prefer not to install
Lazarus.

So I want an advice. As FPCUnit has no visual components, I could not
understand why LCL units are required. But the important is:

How to run FPCUnit without Lazarus? Is it possible?

Regards,

Luciano