[fpc-pascal] fpGUI Toolkit v0.8 release for FPC 2.4.4 & 2.6.0-rc

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Thu Jan 5 17:27:55 CET 2012

On 05/1/12 8:37, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Thanks Paul. I'm almost ready to push the new website live.  I'll make
> sure I update your embedded section.
>
> Regarding your previous message about documentation. My goal this year
> is to complete the API documentation, and also start writing a free
> "Developing with fpGUI" book. I want to split the chapters in the book
> into sections of Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. I don't want the
> book to be a copy of the API documentation, but rather a more in-depth
> usage of various fpGUI features, and also covering the tools included
> with fpGUI. Including a chapter on Embedded Development is definitely
> a good idea, and so too are the Debugging you mentioned.
>
> If anybody wants to contribute towards the book, feel free to contact
> me via private email, or via the fpGUI newsgroups.

Hi
It's possible I could help with book proofreading, and editing of
content written by you or others.
I contributed in this way to the English version of "Lazarus the
Complete Guide" published last year from a German original.
I was able to pull together text from German, Belgian, Scandinavian,
Brazilian and Dutch authors and produce reasonably fluent "UK" English
with a consistent style. (I was an editor/corrector, not principally a
translator). Of course some authors baulked at having their text
massaged in this way, but I think the end result justified the editorial
input.

yours

Howard