[fpc-pascal] Re: Help!!

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:54:44 CET 2012

On 4 January 2012 12:33, Malvin wrote:
> Is there any other components need installing so that it will connect
> properly other than libmysql.dll,

Under Windows, that should be all that you need. Under Linux you would
normally need to install the xxx-dev package where xxx is the database
library (mysql, firebird, postgresql etc).

> and also i've heard of TMySQL, what is
> that? and is there any other alternatives?

I don't use MySQL at all, so can't really comment on that. I solely
use Firebird for my commercial work. I also don't use database
components directly, instead I use tiOPF - an object persistence
framework which supports multiple database backends. This allows me to
concentrate on business objects and business logic, and the tiOPF
framework takes care of the loading, saving and transaction support
for me. I primarily use the SqlDB database backend (included with FPC)
via tiOPF, but can easily change to FBLib via a single compiler
directive change and a recompile too.

tiOPF is also documented on the FPC wiki. Or visit
http://www.tiopf.com for more details if you want.

  - Graeme -