[fpc-pascal] more questions regarding linux signals

ik idokan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:14:08 CET 2012

Hello,

I have read "man 7 signal" in Linux, and there are few sections regarding
safe and unsafe system calls to be used inside a signal handler.

As I understand (I hope I'm wrong), memory allocations inside a signal
handler is unsafe. Is that true ?

Further-more, I wish to reload configuration under SIGHUP (it's a daemon
application). What is the safest way in your opinion to do so ?
For example let's say we have a configuration files regarding database
access.
How safe will it be to re-read the settings and close and reopen the
connection on SIGHUP ?

Another question, is it possible to use exitproc if SIGKILL is sent, or
there is nothing I can do at all ?

And last question for now, is there a more FPC way to handle such issues ?

Thanks,
Ido