[fpc-pascal] FPC with case insensitive file system under Linux

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Feb 24 21:12:04 CET 2012

In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
> > Anybody know of other Linux file systems that have a case insensitive
> > option? I really thought ext2 had this, but searching now through the
> > man pages, it seems I was mistaken. Anybody know if Btrfs would have
> > such an option?
>
> Did you know that NTFS itself is also a case sensitive filesystem?

NTFS is a scary superset of all filesystems that NT had to support as a
server, which is why it also supports sparse and multi-forked files.

A small correction though, that the common implementation of NTFS  (read: NT
and derivatives) don't allow to change most of those properties anymore,
since there are only global settings for it, and changing them will
invalidate your bootdrive.

I found that out the hard way when I changed the setting equivalent to
noatime....