[fpc-pascal] How create a full text search with TChmWriter?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Feb 21 23:40:34 CET 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:08:43 +0100 (CET)
Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Andrew Haines <andrewd207 at aol.com> hat am 21. Februar 2012 um 15:24
> geschrieben:
>[...]
> > Your chm file should not be bigger than the the uncompressed files
> > unless you are writing only
> > a couple of tiny html files.
>
> I have a few thousand html files, about 10k on average.

Ok, found it. The file extension was wrong.
Fixing that and testing with 3 pages I get a Search. \O/

But it only finds whole words. :-
And clicking on a page gives a black page in lhelp. :(

Processing all files required 12 minutes and terrifying 4GB ram. :(
Then comes some final part and it needed 9GB. I only have 8 so it
became very slow. :(
Then it went down to 5GB.
Finally it crashed with an AV, just like with the LCL chm.
And I have no chm.

Maybe some 64bit issue?

Mattias