[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.7.1 for arm-embedded

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Fri Feb 10 12:41:10 CET 2012

On 10-02-12 11:30, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> Now I see: that compilerproc is only included in the RTL if
> FPC_HAS_FEATURE_ANSISTRINGS is defined. The embedded target by default
> probably does not include support for ansistrings (since they in turn
> depend on the heap manager). One helper for readstr(ansistring) is
> however always included in the RTL currently, and the ansistring
> assignment it contains results in a helper call (fpc_ansistr_assign)
> since the introduction of the new ansistrings with code page support (in
> the past it didn't, which is why that did not cause a problem previously).
>
> So it should be simply a matter of adding some extra {$ifdef
> FPC_HAS_FEATURE_ANSISTRINGS} defines around that code.

I think I have it fixed. I modified rtl/inc/text.inc, see the enclosed
file. But how do I make a proper patch ? Now I did this :
diff fpc-svn/rtl/inc/text.inc.org fpc-svn/rtl/inc/text.inc

I only did make a crosscompiler, so it is not fully tested.
And AFAIK the crosscompiler makes thumb2 code now :-)
Now I have to make an rtl for the processor I'm using.

Thanks.

Koenraad