[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.6.0 for arm-embedded

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:47:26 CET 2012

On 6 February 2012 15:27, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

> I downloaded that package, and I tried it on my x86_64 Ubuntu-laptop. ppcarm
> can't be executed, "file ppcarm" shows this :
> ppcarm: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1, statically linked,
> stripped
> AFAIK this means it's a binary to run on an arm-system, so it's not a
> crosscompiler and I do not have an arm-system at hand that can run a
> compiler.

Strange. Last time I downloaded Paul's Windows archive he released, it
was indeed a cross-compiler for x86 (32-bit) to ARM (and not a native
arm executable). I could then compile my mobile application under
Windows 2000, then copy my compiled application to my ARM / WinCE
based PDA and run in there.

Of the various download links on Paul's website, which one did you download?

  - Graeme -