[fpc-pascal] Synapse: SSH client+cryptlib+private key

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:31:44 CET 2012

Hi all,

I've been fiddling with connecting to an SSH server.

Thanks to Ludo Brands' help I can use username/password with Synapse
(stable)+cryptlib.  I'm fiddling and trying to get private key
authentication to work.

While this compiles and runs, Ethereal shows SSH traffic just stops..
(on a host that requires private key auth).

What am I doing wrong (and/or is this even possible - Synapse docs don't
seem to indicate yes or no).

Thanks,
Reinier

//FTelnetSend is an instance of Synapse TTelnetSend
FTelnetSend.TargetHost := HostName;
FTelnetSend.TargetPort := IntToStr(Port);
FTelnetSend.UserName := UserName;
if PrivateKey <> '' then
begin
  //Asume we're using password for private key passphrase
  FTelnetSend.Sock.SSL.PrivateKeyFile:=PrivateKey;
  FTelnetSend.Sock.SSL.KeyPassword:=Password;