[fpc-pascal] Re: Documentation

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:43:04 CET 2012

On 18-12-2012 0:58, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> There are other issues with the FPDoc Editor dialog though. Off the top
> of my head:

As I think I said last year, there's also Laz DE/Lazarus Documentation
Editor.

As long as we're suggesting improvements, I'd like LazDE to
1. show a formatted view of the resulting fpdoc (i.e. use fpdoc
processing to output as e.g. HTML and show that) so you have direct
feedback on how your documentation looks.
2. use an XML syntax highlighter (synmemo?) (if it's not already there).
Helps with those missing closing tags etc I suffer from
3. allow drag and drop from an identifier in a source code window to
create a link automatically.
4. (from memory, haven't done this a while) make it easier to start
documenting a new unit. Whenever I start, I have no idea what package
name I should supply. Some automated suggestions might be nice.

However, fpdoc documentation writing is a huge chore for me compared to
writing in the wiki so I've decided it's more productive to get my
documentation done on the wiki.

I still have documentation for the zip unit lying around and I'm trying
to get that in shape to submit it.

Meanwhile I've updated the fpdoc code some with cosmetic changes/better
warning messages:
... so if anybody is interested ;)

Thanks,
Reinier