[fpc-pascal] GetTableNames in TSQLConnection / Postgresql

John jszcmpr at netspace.net.au
Tue Dec 18 14:34:05 CET 2012

On 12/18/2012 07:35 PM, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

<snip>

> MySQL, Firebird, MS-access, sqlite simply do not have schema as Oracle
> has. In PostGres or MS-SQL it's optional, to my knowledge (not an
> expert).

For the record, in Postgres, it IS optional, in the sense that you can
make all your tables in the "public" schema, in which case you don't
need to specify the schema to access them, but if you make them in any
other schema, you must specify it in the query.  (And yes, I have only
just found that out, by experiment.  Coming from an Oracle background, I
just always made schemas for my tables.)

cheers,
John Sunderland