[fpc-pascal] Indexing files

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Sat Dec 15 21:06:56 CET 2012

Hi,

I need similar functionality like mp3 players have (e.g rhythmbox, banshee,
clementine). I have some experience with databases (I worked in company
which make ERP systems), but don't know how to connect it with file
handling.

My general questions are:
1. I have big collection of music. First indexing in random music player
take some time, but refreshing collection take only a second. How they do
this? They are saving folders last change date?
2. Some players have option which detect when collection is changed and
automatically can refresh it (even if player is actually running). How it
works? Some hook for folders?

Any tips, algorythms are welcome. Oh, I need this for linux and windows
targets

Regards