[fpc-pascal] converting a TP/BP library to FPC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 08:46:30 CET 2012

waldo kitty wrote:
> w2k with FPC 2.6.0 release using lazarus 1.1 only as an editor... no GUI
> stuffings at all... i'm using -Mtp in the project options...
>
> i have finally gotten around to trying to convert the old FTN/BBS MKSMG
> library to FPC... it was written for DOS TP/BP and has defines for
> windows which i assume is the early delphi... this is a first run at
> this and i'm only working with a project file that contains all the
> units in the uses clause...

> PPS: sorry if this is rambling... today is my birthday and i'm also
> celebrating that, such as it is -=B-)

Happy birthday, hopefully the novelty hasn't work off yet :-)

Thinking back to when people started doing this sort of conversion, as a
general point keep an eye open for any code that loops to poll a key or
e.g. display an on-screen clock. That sort of technique might be fine in
DOS, but as soon as you have a multitasking OS you need to look for
alternatives.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk