[fpc-pascal] Editing resource of executable

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Aug 31 17:48:51 CEST 2012

On 8/29/2012 17:46, Krzysztof wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problem. Example:
>
> I created some exec using free pascal and lazarus. It is placed on
> http server. User in webbrowser click download, and server should
> attach link from where it is clicked into this exec. So when user run
> downloaded exec, this exec can read this link. The idea is that
> everything is in one file (and must be). My question is, exists any
> commandline tool which can edit executable file for edit some resource
> (like ResEdit or Restorator for Windows) which can be used by http
> server? By resource I mean some const (or resourcestring section, free
> pascal binary can replace it in runtime, can some tool do this same
> outside?). So main problem is in server side. Finally we can use free
> pascal compiler and compile modified source by server, but this
> solution we use when everything fails (admins, restrictions etc.). I
> need this only for windows (for now), so I'm considering some
> commandline installer makers like InnoSetup or something. Any idea?

i think i know what you are asking for and my thought actually matches what mark
loyd seemed to be saying... with that in mind, i remember reading about some
sort of resource editor to allow editing of resources in a binary... it was
posted in this area back in jan 2012... i don't know if this is what you are
looking for but here's what i found...

[QUOTE]