[fpc-pascal] Re: Identifier not found "result"

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:33:36 CEST 2012

On 30-8-2012 15:08, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Am Thursday 30 August 2012 14:39:06 schrieb leledumbo:
>> Since this behavior is documented, one should read the documentation first:
>> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refse76.html
>
> There is much documentation spread over many servers.
I don't understand that remark: Leledumbo is referring to correct spot
in the official FPC documentation.

> When someone wants to compile a TurboPascal or Delphi program with freepascal.
> Then he already knows that result is a function result, but freepascal gives
> an error about this.
Perhaps if in Lazarus he could just press F1 when on the result
identifier[1]. If in the fpc IDE, presumably there's context sensitive
help. That would work for other similar problems, too.

If the user doesn't use an IDE then yes, I think he should go through
the documentation manually.

If you feel so strongly about the issue though, why not submit an
issue+patch?

[1] However, that doesn't seem to work. See bug