[fpc-pascal] Re: Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

tcoq at free.fr tcoq at free.fr
Thu Aug 30 12:45:12 CEST 2012

Thank you but I am a professional trainer for C++, Java, Ada and other languages including Lisp. I am "used to" those languages. I consistently see young professionals stumble upon those constructs they are "used to". Furthermore, all the professional users of the developed software are not "used to" and cannot read the implementation of the algorithms they have specified. This is possible and feasible in Pascal with great efficiency.

<snip>
You think of them as easing the reading only because you got used to them.
You mastered those concepts and recognition patterns. Show that code to old
school Classic Basic programmer, and he would flee in awe.
<snip>