[fpc-pascal] Editing resource of executable

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Wed Aug 29 23:46:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have some problem. Example:

I created some exec using free pascal and lazarus. It is placed on
http server. User in webbrowser click download, and server should
attach link from where it is clicked into this exec. So when user run
downloaded exec, this exec can read this link. The idea is that
everything is in one file (and must be). My question is, exists any
commandline tool which can edit executable file for edit some resource
(like ResEdit or Restorator for Windows) which can be used by http
server? By resource I mean some const (or resourcestring section, free
pascal binary can replace it in runtime, can some tool do this same
outside?). So main problem is in server side. Finally we can use free
pascal compiler and compile modified source by server, but this
solution we use when everything fails (admins, restrictions etc.). I
need this only for windows (for now), so I'm considering some
commandline installer makers like InnoSetup or something. Any idea?

Regards